Bitcoin payment provider BitPay announce the BitPay wallet app is now available on Windows Phone. It is now one of the few bitcoin wallet applications available on the Windows Phone store.
BitPay’s wallet application integrates the ease-of-use and security of the Copay wallet with BitPay’s consumer payments ecosystem and its bitcoin-based prepaid Visa debit card.
In late 2015, Microsoft added the BitPy Bitcore Bitcoin development platform to its Azure cloud service platform. Back in 2014, Microsoft became the most prominent company accepting bitcoin payments, using BitPay for Xbox payments and other purchases its online Windows Store.
The BitPay Wallet allows for user’s private keys and money to remain in their control at all times. The code that’s 100% open source for community testing and audits.
The following features are built into this version of the BitPay app:
– Multiple bitcoin wallet creation and management in-app
– Integration for loading, managing, and spending the BitPay Visa Card.
– Integration for buying and selling bitcoin.
– Integration for buying Amazon.com gift cards.
– Intuitive multisignature security for personal or shared wallets
– Device-based security: all private keys are stored locally, not in the cloud
– Hierarchical deterministic (HD) address generation and wallet backups
– Payment protocol (BIP70-BIP73) support: easily-identifiable payment requests and verifiably secure bitcoin payments
– Support for 150+ currency pricing options and unit denomination in BTC or bits
– Email and push notifications for payments and transfers
– Easy spending proposal flow for shared wallets and group payments
– Integrates with hardware wallets like Ledger and TREZOR.
– Support for Bitcoin testnet wallets
– Customizable wallet naming and background colors